• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Epson P20000 vs Canon IPF 9400

chafro

Hello, anyone has any feedback or have had the opportunity to review this two printers?

It's getting time to retire our durst Lamda for fine art jobs and get an some of these printers.

I like the idea of canon 12 inks vs 10 of Epson. Also have heard bad thing of Epson heads clogging.

Any feedback? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilge

Based on my early experiences, it's all about comparision of costs effectiveness, color reproduction and speed. If you choose Z6800 you will get 2-3 times less cost on ink and consumables than other 2, ifp 9400 best color and more speed, but on p20000 just get easier paper handling. I think the printheads on those printers remain the same as previous models. You may ask bigfish here about HP Z6800

chafro

Hi, thanks for the response. Ink cost is not really a priority for us, we would only do high margin jobs on these printers, plexi face-mounts and stuff like that. A few dollars a print won't be an issue. We just need to have the best prints possible.

It's more about color gamut, resolution and reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dypinc

There does not appear to be a Canon Pro 6000 only the 6000s which is only an 8 color machine.