• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Pro 4800 question

Jim Hill

My question is with the Epson Pro 4800 and laminating vinyl will the colors hold up outside for say 3 to 5 years.

I understand that the lamination might break down first depending on what part of the country you are located in.

If any of you are using the 4800 for outside work with lamination please let me know any comments you might have.

Thanks Jim Hill

wes70

I have some Epson 7800 ultrachrome ink prints that are laminated and have been outside for over 2 years with no signs of fade. I'm actually testing these prints along side some Roland PC-50 thermal prints. The thermal prints are starting to fade a little. Both prints were done at the same time and are predominately red (Canadian Flags). The Roland prints are not laminated. All prints are applied to a window facing southeast.

The Epson print was printed on Rexam coated 4mil adhesive vinyl and laminated with SMF calendered vinyl. No de-lamination so far.

Wes

Urban Image

In Florida, no. You can expect to get about a year with lamination. Thank the South's nice, warm, beautiful weather.

with the Epson Pro 4800 and laminating vinyl will the colors hold up outside for say 3 to 5 years.

The easy answer is "No".

This is not to say that it is impossible to make the process work - we have done it. It is not always possible either. The problem is that there are literally many variables that need to be taken into account. By the time you are finished with the process of attempting to make the product last , you will find that it is easier, cheaper, and faster to sub your prints.