• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S30670 Squeaky Rail

CG

Hi, We have an Epson S30670 and the Carriage Rail has developed a squeak. This machine is well maintained and the rail is oiled 3 times per week. Comes and goes. Has anyone had this same problem?

thesignworks

Hi, We have an Epson S30670 and the Carriage Rail has developed a squeak. This machine is well maintained and the rail is oiled 3 times per week. Comes and goes. Has anyone had this same problem?

so what you are saying is IF you don't oil the ribbon/ink tube rail, it may stick and might break flat cables, or worst still rip off the 90 degree ink line angle changer, and snap the plastic nipples from the connector, leaking ink everywhere, so then even after fitting a new head, angle changer and nipple connector block doofer, you still may get a 1A-39 head error, as even though your carriage will move to he capping station and do a initial clean, (because the head as yet isn't talking to the main board) as soon as it moves left off the capping station, it tries to talk but there must be a break in the flat cables

ahhhh, so clean out track, oil it up, replace Teflon sliders and check for continuity in flat cabling, don't jut assume the head is duff.

can I go into maintenance man mode and check other carriage sensors are functioning

is it a clip in main board fuse or a solder in one