• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S40/60/80 - Best reds and black

Signed Out

Coca cola red, what are you all using for input colors to get your best deep red like coca cola red? Having trouble hitting this on our s80 without using red ink (we don't yet trust R or O ink for outdoor applications). Can't get that deep red look.

Also curious what others have found to produce the best black. On our roland we always used the roland spot color black and that produced an awesome black. We can get pretty close to that, but not as good as the roland spot color.

Any help greatly appreciated.

CanuckSigns

I get awesome blacks just using RGB black in Corel draw, as for reds, we use the red inks in our s80 with no issues. I printed an orange and red swatch almost 2 years ago and stuck them on our south facing back door, the fading is almost non existent when compared to the originals I've kept inside.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Same as Canuck... using RGB 0/0/0 gets us absolutely perfect blacks, no colour cast, nice and solid.
As for reds, never tried to match the cola colour before, but RGB 255/0/0 gives us an amazing red.

Signed Out

I get awesome blacks just using RGB black in Corel draw, as for reds, we use the red inks in our s80 with no issues. I printed an orange and red swatch almost 2 years ago and stuck them on our south facing back door, the fading is almost non existent when compared to the originals I've kept inside.

That's good to know. We did something similar, printed test pieces and put them on a flat roof. Was only a few months ago though. I'm not even sure if the hysteria over short life span of the red and orange ink was more of a concern with the older generation of sure colors (s70)? Or if it truly pertains to the s80 and gs3 inks. Hard to find reliable info on it. And even more annoying to have to wait on our own test pieces. Probably be into a new printer before we trust the lifespan for outdoor prints...

I know we've used both of those RGBs, still not quite where we want to be with it. What RIP/profiles are you guys using? We are running onyx thrive 19 and using a 3m outdoor profile that turns off R and O ink.