• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S40600 Error 122D

funnyb0nz

Im about to pick up a used Epson S40600. Ran print head test and also report. Noticed on Last 6 errors there was a 122d listed back in October 2019. seller printed some prints and no issues. He was unaware of the error and also called the tech company that originally sold him the printer and they say they never have seen that error. Looking it up says to replace main board, my question is should I be concerned since the errors have been 0 last 2 times since the 122D?
Waiting to hear back from Epson tech support to see what they will say, but plan on finalizing the deal tomorrow and taking home with me.

Ready

Ready To Go
Im about to pick up a used Epson S40600. Ran print head test and also report. Noticed on Last 6 errors there was a 122d listed back in October 2019. seller printed some prints and no issues. He was unaware of the error and also called the tech company that originally sold him the printer and they say they never have seen that error. Looking it up says to replace main board, my question is should I be concerned since the errors have been 0 last 2 times since the 122D?
Waiting to hear back from Epson tech support to see what they will say, but plan on finalizing the deal tomorrow and taking home with me.

This is what I found regarding the error 122D

• Code: 122D
  • Description: PF Motor driving time-out error
    Abnormally-long driving duration of the PF Motor was detected.
    • Irregular load
    • Firmware becomes out of control.
  • Remedy: Replace the Main Board.

RustyNZ

Be aware that service manuals often tell you to replace the main board, it doesn't necessarily mean it is the main board. A perfect example is the one above, it tells you the motor was told to be on for too long without giving a signal it had reached where it should be, could be an irregular load (some sort of jam) or the firmware is 'out of control'. You could obviously start with the firmware and lots of other things before doing a main board.

Something simple I could think off the top of my head is hitting the end of a roll of media but it's still printing and tries to pull the media off the roll but it's taped down so it can't pull it free. It could still be something not simple too. I'm assuming PF is paper feed i.e. pulling the media through.