• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson s40600 vs Okidata e-64s

denis467

Hi Everyone!
I'm trying to find out what is the better option for me: Epson s40600 or Okidata Color Painter e-64s.
Saw a few posts here about e-64s and looks like people like them.

Looks like Epson is more popular in the USA, but oki has more service locations and more popular in UK/EU etc

Both use the same 3m inks with exactly the same durability, the difference only in the names (GS and SX)
Also e64s has 6 colors vs s40600 -cmyk
Also E-64s claims has cheaper price per sq ft
And I like the idea to have a 2 years of warranty
Also, they claim 3 years durability outdoor without lamination, but nowhere in epsons documentation I didnt find that they do any promises about durability...
Also e64s include onyx center, that can be used for print and cut, but epson only onyx gamma print.
but epson has a filtration system and e64s doesnt have it, did it?
Would I need to use exhaust system for e64s? Or both of them need it?
Any thoughts which one will be a good option for home based business?

All opinions welcome!
But real experiences preferred!

Thank you in advance to all who replied!

Last edited:

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Assuming anyone who has a home based printer, they’d recommend some sort of filtration/exhaust system. Or even try latex and you don’t have those worries.

as with any system, you’re always best going with the company that has the closest/best service. Doesn’t matter how much faster the machine prints if it takes you two weeks to get it up and running when it breaks!

denis467

Assuming anyone who has a home based printer, they’d recommend some sort of filtration/exhaust system. Or even try latex and you don’t have those worries.

as with any system, you’re always best going with the company that has the closest/best service. Doesn’t matter how much faster the machine prints if it takes you two weeks to get it up and running when it breaks!
Thank you for your reply
I was thinking about latex, but i dont wanna those troubles with 220v, heat etc... and it looks like solvent printers' prints are better quality
So, right now, I'm considering only those 2 options, if anyone wouldnt suggest anything else...