• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson s50670 multilayer with white

Chasez

Im having an issue with multilayer printing on my s50. First of all, I'm trying to print onto ip2304 clear, image viewable from both sides with a layer of white inbetween so you dont see the reverse image (ie. Automatic door/handicap decals on automatic door systems). I have tried running a custom profile and the 8150 accuview... That was downloaded from onyx. I have enabled multilayer to run layer 1 as color, 2-4 as white, and layer as color.

The image prints with the white no issues but the white is not opaque so you see the base image from the back side. Does anyone know how to print this white layer more opaque? Can the s50 even do that? From what I've seen in epsons sales brochure the new gs2 ink is supposed to be more opaque than other solvent based inks. I can't seem to get this to work...

I hope the community can help!

Chaz

mpn

I'm not real handy with the white yet, but did you add extra dry time between white passes?

Chasez

I'm not real handy with the white yet, but did you add extra dry time between white passes?

Yes I had set a dry time of a few minutes between printing each layer, as well as I had set a few seconds between passes.

Chaz

printing white

Yea im having an issue with this too. need to lay color+White+color. Client wants to see color from both sides

SC50670 and Onyx 11
Illy

elay2433

I'd be amazed if the S50 had this capability...

I realize it can print white in between two colors, but for it to be opaque enough to block the color from one side to the next would be amazing. Most often when we create double sided decals we'll laminate the second surface side with a 3 mil white calendared vinyl. That vinyl isn't opaque enough in and of itself to block out the other side (especially if it's going on a window where there will be sun shining through the decal), so we print the first surface side on a vinyl with a gray adhesive (either IJ35 or IJ180). Typically that will block it out well enough. Avery has a 6 mil white vinyl (2611 I think) that blocks out pretty well if there won't be any sun coming through the decal.

Best of luck. I'd like to hear if it ever works for you.

Jerry