Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson S60600 Ink Odor?

Discussion in 'Epson' started by Accelerated Graphics, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Accelerated Graphics

Accelerated Graphics Active Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Burleson
    I went to a friends shop to see his S60600, I noticed a distinct smell, is that something that comes with a solvent printer? I've had Roland Eco-Sol printers for the last 15 years and they don't have a smell.. Trying to decide weather to pull the trigger on ordering a new printer.. My office is 1 large air conditioned room of 1700 sq ft

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    We have an S80600 and yes it does smell. Ours is in a room on it's own around 16'x20' with 9 ft ceilings and if you are printing a lot you can smell it inside the room. We recently put an exhaust fan in the room venting out the back wall and it has made a huge improvement.

3. ewded

ewded Active Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    Roland smells as well, you probably got used to its smell. Your office should be large enough not to smell anything in areas other than the close surrounding of the printer.

4. ewded

ewded Active Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    Or you can go with TrueVis VG2 they don't smell whatsoever (cause a Roland tech guy will try to fix it constantly)

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    All eco solvent printers smell. The Epson sure color series like other manufacturers has an additive that assists with quicker off gassing(to compete against Hp) that has an oder.
    The eco is for economic inks..nothing to do with environmental friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    May I please have your source on this?
    Every search I do states the "eco" refers to low VOC content compared to traditional solvent inks.

7. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
  8. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    They all smell. Some more than others.

9. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    Spent the last 14 years working for a reseller as a service manager working directly with engineers from Seiko, Roland, Epson, HP...every technical and sales training I have ever attended has described eco solvent like 2CT. VOC levels are just below the levels that require ventilation. I guess that makes them safe....I certainly would not start a home business with one.