• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S60600 Static on take up / front heater plate

Mata

Hi everyone

Had the Epson S60600 a little while and this is the first time it's ever done this which make me think it's the media.

I'm printing a job, I have the media attached to the take up unit and that all appears to be working correctly however there is a build up of static on the front heater plate and it's holding the media around the bottom of the plate.

Anyone had this and know of an easy fix?

karst41

You need a grounding strap. there used to be a stringer of what looked like christmas tree tinsel
that would mount on the outboard side of the printer. It only needs a modest touch to the media
backing and it will pull the static to ground. Naturally you would want this to a separate outlet.
With Tube amplifiers and their output transformers; whenever there is a testing that needs to be performed
with out a speaker you still need a load for the transformer or it develops run away current and fries the
transformer. Usually a Resistor rated to the Transformer at 4, 8, or 16 ohms at a 1/2 watt - 1 watt resistor.

In this application the resistor would act as a load and that could pull any current build and a small Capacitor
will smooth the draw. In other words you are setting up a tiny circuit that will be like a newborn pup on its
mamas teet crying for more, while the static is a steady discharge to ground.

Does this sound Bonkers to ya? Sure it does but with todays printers and technology this is a very low cost insurance.

Some Static straps for Comp Techs or HiTech Tecs will have the resistor and cap built into the part that plugs into the wall.
You could also find one of those with an Aligator Clip. Here you would take a strip of adhesive backed copper shielding tape
and run it across the outboad ramp and grab it with the aligator clip..

Now that is bizzare but it would be quite simple and clean especially if these Items are in your work bench drawer.
This would connect to the frame of your printer.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 9.23.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 9.23.03 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited: