• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson s70600 third party inks?

Smkmit22

Hi,

Anyone got any experience with third party inks for Epson s70600?

I'm considering buying a used machine. With my current machines (pigment) I use third party inks and it works great. Unfortunately the company I normally order from doesn't offer third party for s70600.

Online I found a company that is called : "SunChemical", they produces inks for the s70600. Does anyone got any experience with them? Or even better, anyone got pleasant experiences with a company that offers inks for the s70600?

Help is much appreciated :)

CanuckSigns

I've been trying to find some 3rd party ink for the s80600 and haven't found anyone, from what I've read it's an issue with the cartridges or something.

Smkmit22

I did found the cartridges for the s70600. Hope they work better than the epson 11880 cartridges though. Not all non-oem cartridges are plug and play :(

Regarding the S80600, i can find non-oem cartridges for sale on Alibaba (filled). Question is if they are any good..

ham1056

Hi,

Anyone got any experience with third party inks for Epson s70600?

I'm considering buying a used machine. With my current machines (pigment) I use third party inks and it works great. Unfortunately the company I normally order from doesn't offer third party for s70600.

Online I found a company that is called : "SunChemical", they produces inks for the s70600. Does anyone got any experience with them? Or even better, anyone got pleasant experiences with a company that offers inks for the s70600?

Help is much appreciated :)
S80 owner here, (our 3rd epson over the years) I would definitely NOT try 3rd party inks on an Epson. The print heads are very particular & you will end up losing the ink savings in maintenance time & production issues. Maybe having possible to bleed/flush the lines if you have any issues, losing the ink in the lines "flushes" your cost savings. Nevermind that Epson service wont touch the machine if you do.

Smkmit22

S80 owner here, (our 3rd epson over the years) I would definitely NOT try 3rd party inks on an Epson. The print heads are very particular & you will end up losing the ink savings in maintenance time & production issues. Maybe having possible to bleed/flush the lines if you have any issues, losing the ink in the lines "flushes" your cost savings. Nevermind that Epson service wont touch the machine if you do.

True, it can be risky to use third party inks. But in my experience it's not bad by definition. In the past i have ruined a Designjet 6600 using bad inks.

However, i have my inkjet epson's running with third party inks and they run great. Last time i replaced a printhead was early 2020. Since, i have run about 160 liters (about 43.85 gallon) of ink trough the machines without any issues.

Regarding the Epson service team, i always do the maintenance myself.

But thanks for pointing out the risks, they are expensive machines.