• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S70670

mozingo

Looking into buying an S70670 for a great price. Current owner says it runs fine and moves the way it should but not putting out any ink. Is this a print head replacement or clogged nozzles? Hasn’t been used in a while.
Thanks for any help

mozingo

It’s a family friend that has it. I’ll have $500 max in the machine itself. I’ve tried google and i haven’t had much luck locating a new head, do you know anywhere that stocks them?

unclebun

Parts and service can only be obtained through Epson, via their service partner DecisionOne. You call the Espon Service 800 number, give them the serial number of the printer, and tell them what's wrong. They will dispatch parts and technician to do the repairs onsite, usually in a day or two.

You'll need two heads, capping stations, ink lines, ink cartridges, drain lines, filters, wipers, and a few other assorted parts to be replaced. Based on my experience, this will run somewhere from $3000-6000 depending on exactly how many parts end up getting replaced and how long it takes. Even at the upper end you'll still end up with a great printer at an extremely low price.