Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson S70670

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by mozingo, Mar 8, 2020.

1. mozingo

mozingo New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    North Carolina
    Looking into buying an S70670 for a great price. Current owner says it runs fine and moves the way it should but not putting out any ink. Is this a print head replacement or clogged nozzles? Hasn’t been used in a while.
    Thanks for any help

Tags:
  2. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If In doubt, assume its the head. Add the price for a head and a tech onto whatever price you have.

3. mozingo

mozingo New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    North Carolina
    It’s a family friend that has it. I’ll have $500 max in the machine itself. I’ve tried google and i haven’t had much luck locating a new head, do you know anywhere that stocks them?

4. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Parts and service can only be obtained through Epson, via their service partner DecisionOne. You call the Espon Service 800 number, give them the serial number of the printer, and tell them what's wrong. They will dispatch parts and technician to do the repairs onsite, usually in a day or two.

You'll need two heads, capping stations, ink lines, ink cartridges, drain lines, filters, wipers, and a few other assorted parts to be replaced. Based on my experience, this will run somewhere from $3000-6000 depending on exactly how many parts end up getting replaced and how long it takes. Even at the upper end you'll still end up with a great printer at an extremely low price.