• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EPSON s80600 Double Sided banner printing

mbost30

Has anyone had success printing a decent size run of double sided blockout banners on the Espon s80600 printer?

ProColorGraphics

I have done individual ones on mine. They turned out Very accurate! I was impressed. For some reason, my RIP doesn't totally center the print, so I just had two play around a little to get it centered on the second side. Was easy to through.

ironchef

You guys run other printers besides epson? I'm a long time mimaki user looking into a second printer, stuck between epson and latex (hp or mimaki)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ProColorGraphics

You guys run other printers besides epson? I'm a long time mimaki user looking into a second printer, stuck between epson and latex (hp or mimaki)

I actually went from several HP's. The L25500 through the L360. I have since switched to Epson. First the S70, now I have added the S80. I LOVE the print quality. They both have pros and cons. I am a one man shop and print quality was my #1 decision maker, which is why I went with Epson's. I am sure there are speed differences, but I haven't noticed as I don't time or pay attention once the print is started and/or the take up is attached and going.

ironchef

From researching the mimaki latex is out of the race its now between epson and hp latex. What made you leave the hp latex to Epson besides quality?

Brad Capit

From researching the mimaki latex is out of the race its now between epson and hp latex. What made you leave the hp latex to Epson besides quality?

I choose the S80600 for print quality, extra colour space (orange and red inks), and the fact that you can use white and silver intermittently (as the cartridges change over with cleaning fluid) without the hassles of maintenance that normally comes with white.

I also like that it was one of the few printers that had a good self maintenance program - in that I could leave it unattended for a month without issues (well, maybe a light head clean when I get back), as long as it is turned on. The heads are not considered consumable items in this machine unlike many others . . .