Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson s80600 - Orange Red durability

Discussion in 'Videos' started by DM print_design, Feb 13, 2020.

1. DM print_design

DM print_design New Member

Feb 12, 2020
    Luxembourg
    We are a print and design company in Europe, and are moving from Hp latex 26500 to the new Epson SC series.

We had a demo from the s80600 that allows us to see the amazing gamut and quality of printing, but we are afraid of Orange an Red lifetime (we exclude white and silver).
    We saw some threads about the durability of Epson inks, but it doesn't seem very clear... some people are talking about the old inks of Epson... others are saying that the new one GS3 ink is much more durable.
    Avery and 3M are excluding special colors from their guarantees... Epson is saying the Orange and Red has the same lifetime.
    We know that the s60600 won't have this problem because is dual Cmyk, but the gamut is smaller and pantone reproduction is not so good.

We think the best way to get the right answer is asking to print shops using this machine.

There is someone having problems with Orange and Red colors on S80600? Fading after a few months?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    We've had ours for about a year - have not had any issues with orange or red fading so far. It does print brilliantly -and it's hella fast.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    Short answer - no.

4. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I haven't noticed any fading with mine either.

5. jpescobar

jpescobar Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Tunisia
    I have the S40600 and I can reach almost the same color gamut on the S80600. The secret is not the 9 color ink set but it's the RIP software.

Before I purchase the printer I was told that the provided software will be Epson Edge Print which is a new RIP but It lacks many features like you can find on Caldera, Onyx and Flexi but I managed to find a really good software called ColorGATE ProductionServer and believe me when I tell you this RIP is a killer !!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1