• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson s80600 printing off white and or cream? Help

peterosoiro94

I have an epson s80 Printing way is pretty straightforward, you have to make a swatch in illustrator or whatever vector-based program you’re using that says “Spot1”. I have done so and gotten the printer to print a beautiful gradient along with white grass. The challenge today was I am trying to experiment further, I don’t want just solid white I would like some off-white, some creams, a grayish white. How is this possible with the S80, asking it to print a spot color shows no luck. I am willing to share the file I was playing with if anyone could be any help that would be awesome currently I’m in the dark. Also what is the general life inspect and see a print a also what is the general life expectancy of a printhead if taken care of. Printer is currently sitting at about 750 K square feet .

peterosoiro94

White gradient preview.

Attachments

• 1CD6C1DA-0192-40ED-B729-224E94BFD2BC.jpeg
    1CD6C1DA-0192-40ED-B729-224E94BFD2BC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 371

unclebun

You cannot make it mix any color with the white. So if you want to print pale colors on clear, you would set it to print multilayer in your rip and put an underlayer of white below the color you have specified in your layout. It will then print the white underlayer, pause to dry, then roll back the vinyl and print the colors on top of the white underlayer.

peterosoiro94

You cannot make it mix any color with the white. So if you want to print pale colors on clear, you would set it to print multilayer in your rip and put an underlayer of white below the color you have specified in your layout. It will then print the white underlayer, pause to dry, then roll back the vinyl and print the colors on top of the white underlayer.

Is this the same on UV printers as well, is there any printer can can mix white regardless of price?

unclebun

ok, is it possible to print color at the same time as spot, or must it wait for into to dry and then go back over it.

No. If you print at the same time, the inks will mix while wet, rather than layering. On the Epson the drying time is only 30 seconds before it rolls back and prints the next layer. The slow part is not the drying time; it's the high pass count that's required for printing white.

peterosoiro94

No. If you print at the same time, the inks will mix while wet, rather than layering. On the Epson the drying time is only 30 seconds before it rolls back and prints the next layer. The slow part is not the drying time; it's the high pass count that's required for printing white.
On the s80 it prints white in 8 pass which isnt bad yes, you can do a higher pass but im not really sure its needed. So I need to print the spot color, and have a normal process color lay down over it. so if I want 40% opacity I should use a combination of the 15% and 25% or vice versa(example) to get that effect?