• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Epson S80600 vs Roland xr-640

I am looking at purchasing either the Epson S80600 vs the Roland XR-640. Witch machine is more advisable to purchase. Not worried about the cost of the Roland because it has a cutter build in. I know that the cutter would not be used that much because I have separate cutters.

I am looking at the print quality and the production of colors available to print. I believe that the Epson has a better Pantone library that it is capable of printing. I have a Roland now and VersaWorks show that colors are being matched to the closest color that the Roland can print, but they are not the original Pantone color.

If anyone has these machines please let me know about the maintenance and upkeep on these to machines and witch one you would prefer.

ProPDF

I am looking at purchasing either the Epson S80600 vs the Roland XR-640. Witch machine is more advisable to purchase. Not worried about the cost of the Roland because it has a cutter build in. I know that the cutter would not be used that much because I have separate cutters.

I am looking at the print quality and the production of colors available to print. I believe that the Epson has a better Pantone library that it is capable of printing. I have a Roland now and VersaWorks show that colors are being matched to the closest color that the Roland can print, but they are not the original Pantone color.

If anyone has these machines please let me know about the maintenance and upkeep on these to machines and witch one you would prefer.

The XR640 is 10yrs old using 11+ year old head technology that sports a 15+ year old take-up system that some how some way has gotten worse over time. It's a donkey in a horse race along with their wack VG/VG2. Roland should be embarrassed they even offered you that XR.

The Epson S60 dual CMYK is a dialed in speed demon money maker. The vacuum platen and the take-up on the S40-S60-S80 alone is worth it's weight in gold. You would be crazy not to get the S80....however I would seriously look at the S40-S60 machines too as they still print photographic quality.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I would seriously look at the S40-S60 machines too as they still print photographic quality.

Absolutely... the S60 is blisteringly quick, and still achieves phenomenal colour range. We have a few profiles that exclude the Orange and Red inks and they still look better than any print our Rolands used to be able to achieve.
We now have clients that require 021C frequently, so the S80 was our very happy choice.