• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S80600 - White Ink Profiles

elay2433

Anyone running an s80600? I'm in need of a profile that allows for printing white ink. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

swordguy3222

No profile needed, just need to select the "white or metallic" for special ink set in print mode. Then if you are running white inline, choose any that says white, if you want a white over print or under print, choose white(2layer). If you are anywhere but NA, you can choose the 3 layer mode, but NA doesn't get it for some dumb reason.

elay2433

The machine should have come with a few white ink profiles pre installed, we have a few for 3m IJ180.

Thanks for your reply. Our machine, installed in May, 2016, didn't come pre-loaded with any profiles. The tech that set us up assisted in loading several profiles through Epson Control Dashboard so that I would know how to do that. Trouble is, none of the profiles that I've installed through the Dashboard supports white ink printing. My next step is going to be to start grabbing random profiles that look like they might support white ink and trying it out. The IJ180 profile I installed through Epson Control Dashboard doesn't support white ink. Odd to me that IJ180 would, considering it's white vinyl. But I'll take whatever I can get. Do you know where you got yours? Or was it preloaded?

Thanks again for your help.

Jerry

elay2433

No profile needed, just need to select the "white or metallic" for special ink set in print mode. Then if you are running white inline, choose any that says white, if you want a white over print or under print, choose white(2layer). If you are anywhere but NA, you can choose the 3 layer mode, but NA doesn't get it for some dumb reason.

Sounds good to me, but it doesn't work here. I'm running Onyx Thrive. For example, in Print Mode for the 3m IJ180 profile I have, there is no option available for a white or metallic ink set. There's only the different pass/dpi options. When we were running the S70 it was the same. In order to print white, the profile needed to be enabled to print white. Perhaps I'm missing something. Any additional input would be greatly appreciated. We were early adopters of this machine and the tech who set up was unable to get white print even with phone assistance of an Onyx engineer. They blamed the lack of profiles at the time. Now that more than a year has gone by, I know they've got them out there (as evidenced by the posters here who are up and running with white ink), so I'm hoping I can either get my hands on a profile that works, or figure out whatever it is I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

swordguy3222

I made my own profile using my iOne profiling tool. It might cost 2000$, but it's worth it to have the best profiles possible. What rip are you using? I use ColorGate.

elay2433

I made my own profile using my iOne profiling tool. It might cost 2000$, but it's worth it to have the best profiles possible. What rip are you using? I use ColorGate.
We've considered getting into profiling, but haven't gone that route yet. We're running Onyx Thrive.