• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson SC 806000 color shift issue

rwinkie

I'm noticing a huge color shift on my first print of the day. I first really noticed that it's a cold print issue when I had cutter eat a mostly grey print and when I reprinted the file, the grey's had a purple-brown cast. Fast forward to today, I had to reprint and the grey was literally brown. It was the first print of the day. I've ruled out RIP problems and file color settings. Most notably in my greys and it's been driving me bananas for months trying to figure out why I can't get consistent color despite profiling sessions giving excellent test prints. I tend to print in clusters and not daily, but I try to print a nozzle check every day at minimum. Nozzle checks are always good. Do my regular maintenance religiously. The only thing I can thing of is I use a low pre and platen heat because of material buckeling and I can't afford print heads. I only use Epson Inks, especially since I had an ink recall take out a head on my last printer. Anyone experience something similar? Any advice? Overall the printer has been the golden child of my equipment especially after running a low serial number 30670 nightmare for years.

mim

0_o
Are you using cmyk or pantones for your greys? I ran into the same issue with some prints when I used certain media settings, the one I remember specifically was the white/clear setting. CMYK would always show up as pinkish or greenish but pantones would come out fine.