• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson SC S50670 front heater issue with material

Chasez

I just got my new s50670 setup and running and having some issues with some materials sticking to the front heater and not feeding out when its not attached to the front take up. The material I'm having the issue with is 3M 8150 (optically clear). When I print it wont slide along the front heater, I have to keep tension on it to keep it from buckling and having a head strike.

Has anyone else had this issue with another surecolor printer or know how to fix this????

Thanks,

Chaz

Snydo

Static is the first thing that came to mind. If it were me, I would take a piece of laminated scrap vinyl and tape it to the clear until you can connect to the take-up. Good Luck.

Chasez

Static is the first thing that came to mind. If it were me, I would take a piece of laminated scrap vinyl and tape it to the clear until you can connect to the take-up. Good Luck.

I'll give that a shot, I haven't used the take up yet, basically been running tests so far. I'm guessing that humidity (or lack there of) could cause a majority of the static? I think the RH in the room is about 24%.

Chaz

Andriy

Hi, I run a S70 series but I would suggest first to make sure that you have all the rollers properly holding the material (if you are able to roll it with your finger with the lever down, slide it back and forth until it locks within the designated black bar area).
Another suggestion would be to play with the material tension settings as they may be too high and it's holding the material down too much.

These are the steps I would try after eliminating the static issue as Snydo mentioned above.
Hope it helps!