• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Stylus GS6000 Black Not Printing?

rdm01

UPDATE:

We had to have a tech come out. He ran some tests, says the black ink was clogged, possibly due to separation of the ink. Good news was the head is still good. He said that he hadn't seen this before and we were he first case. Later said that the last machine he worked on with this problem he put a filter on. I got some clarification on that...

I asked if Epson is recommending the filter, or acknowledging the issue of the ink. He danced around that questions for quite some time, but said that it is advisable to add a filter.

Upon clearing the line, and adding the filter, he could not get it to print black again. He then said that the residual ink in the line/head had fowled the head, and it would need to be replaced. Wound up replacing that as well. So far we haven't had any issues since. Very bad taste in my mouth after the experience though.

MCH

Epson gs 6000

We have a black Ink issue too. Started in August 2014. Ended up replacing one of the print heads.
It all started when we installed a new black date Ex 2015. 2-3 wks later we had printer banding. Started with a light head clean then the full on head clean. We have experienced the green issue a few years back, bought head wash cartridges which aren't cheap for 8 of them. Epson at the time said no issues, but then after a few months they came and fixed it.
Now we have the same issue, Colourgen came and replaced the head and the dampeners and the head capping unit, this cost me £2500 plus all the ink in the head charge. Although they got it working again, it only lasted a few weeks and it was blocked again. And now the other head is blocked too.
I've spoken to Epson and they still maintain that there are no issues, if so, why are all of us having this issue. I feel totally let down by Epsons lack of acknowledgment. Its costing me a futune with the down time and letting customers down yet again.
Epson I hope you are reading this and going to do something about this?

MCH

Epson gs6000

The Question I have. Why is it, this machine is now having a black issue? I've had this printer over 4 years. I installed a new cartridge and now have this issue. By looking at this forum 9 NEW cases in the last 3 months. How many more cases are there really that haven't stepped forward yet. When there were green issue, not as many as this stepped forward on a forum. I was told that my issue is an isolated case.

parrott

The Question I have. Why is it, this machine is now having a black issue? I've had this printer over 4 years. I installed a new cartridge and now have this issue. By looking at this forum 9 NEW cases in the last 3 months. How many more cases are there really that haven't stepped forward yet. When there were green issue, not as many as this stepped forward on a forum. I was told that my issue is an isolated case.

This is my exact feeling. Calling Epson, they admitted that this is a known issue, but told me they still have to have a tech on site to diagnose the issue. I asked what is the usual resolution and I was told there is know way to answer that question without being on site to diagnose the problem. I asked again, when you have issues with the black head not firing (which is a known issue) what does Epson usually replace? Then the gentleman answered, if it so well known on the internet - what did the "internet" say the resolution is? The gentleman was rude and extremely unhelpful. We have been very happy with our GS6000 and Epson's service up until now. Really wish they would man up and address the issue.

MCH

Epson GS6000

This is my exact feeling. Calling Epson, they admitted that this is a known issue, but told me they still have to have a tech on site to diagnose the issue. I asked what is the usual resolution and I was told there is know way to answer that question without being on site to diagnose the problem. I asked again, when you have issues with the black head not firing (which is a known issue) what does Epson usually replace? Then the gentleman answered, if it so well known on the internet - what did the "internet" say the resolution is? The gentleman was rude and extremely unhelpful. We have been very happy with our GS6000 and Epson's service up until now. Really wish they would man up and address the issue.

Spoken to Epson UK help line and they say that they don't take into account personal statements posted on the web. And that they are not aware of any other issues regarding the black. I will be receiving an email from a helpful guy from epson so I can go to what they call LEVEL 2. Answer their questionnaires. Keep you posted as to what's the next stage. Like I've said the the guy. 4 years no problem, why now? and on both channels even after a head replacement?

MCH

Epsons reply to Black not working

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Malcolm,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Epson's UK Customer Inter@ction Centre.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]

In response to the issue you've experienced, the feedback I have received is that the possible cause may be associated with the humidity / temperature of the printer environment. For example, high-humidity conditions may have caused the ink to have been contaminated; therefore to avoid risk of this happening again, you may wish to consider changing the printer's environment.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the EPSON Customer [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Inter@ction[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kind regards,

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joe[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]e-Service Support Technician[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EPSON Customer Inter@ction Centre

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your Thoughts Anyone? I know mine. BS!! as I have a controlled environment and us dehumidifiers. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

IvanDD

Had the print head replaced 6-8 months ago because of a black head not firing. Now were having the same issue again.

RyanMalm

Same issue with black nozzles.

I am in the same boat with the rest of you guys; we had an issue with one bank of black nozzles that multiple heavy washes wouldn't fix. Performed a head wash and now the black nozzles are completely clogged. Corporate tech support tells me at least 3 other centers have called in with similar issues. I agree with the sentiment here the EPSON should acknowledge an issue with their black ink and compensate users appropriately.

parrott

I am very suspicious that it has something to do with a bad batch of ink. This is a symptom that is happening across the board on a international level to a machine that has had very little known issues. Very strange and upsetting.

Was looking at replacing the printer with a new Surecolor (which I am sure is what they want), but opted to go with the HP Latex. Switched from one giant to another. :smile: I know my business is not going to hurt them in any way, but hope that other users keep this in mind when shopping for new printers.

handbrake

Black ink not firing

We've had the same thing happen to us. 4 years and no problems with nozzle checks, they're all firing OK until lately the nozzle check looks like your picture. All firing fine except a lot missing on the black.
My environment hasn't changed in all this time. Did multiple cleans with same results.

I too suspect bad batch of ink.

C'mon Epson pull your finger out. It is time for me to upgrade and there are plenty of choices out there.

parts

Hi sign people! so Im going to be needing the dampers for the black and probably both cap tops and any instructions on how to change all this. my machine is about 4 yrs old and now have this black not printing issue.

any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Wayne

Nicholas

Black ink issues

What Print heads are on the GS6000? Do you know if they have DX5, DX6, or DX7? I'm hearing about lots of nozzle clogs, misting and misfiring with DX7 on Mimaki and Mutoh machines.

Littledrums

Problems after cleaning head.

Hello,

first, sorry for my English...
After cleaning head, i had problems for print...
I made test and the green, orange, light cyan and light magenta did'nt go...

After trekking the protection of the head, i saw air in the pipes...
I have found the solution for this problem...
You must unmount the panel back the printer.
After you can see 2 valves assy (one for each head) : see photo 1.
Trek the solenoid (4 screws) : photo 2.
Raise the 4 plastic parts : 1 by color (see photo 3 and 4).
After pull the pipes at the entry of the pump and aspirate with a syringe.
When the pipes over the head is full and ink flow in the syringe. it's ok. (see photo 5).
Replace the pipes in the pump and the platic parts.
You can do a test print

Have a nice day.

Sandro

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,070
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,067
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,049
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,216
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,058

Bobby Taylor

epson black not printering

I have the same problem, I have put new head in two times and it came back two times, do we need to get a law suit together? seems like a lot of people are having the same problem.
I am tired of paying for this and cant seem to fix it.

Bobby Taylor

Dear Malcolm,

Thank you for contacting Epson's UK Customer Inter@ction Centre.

In response to the issue you've experienced, the feedback I have received is that the possible cause may be associated with the humidity / temperature of the printer environment. For example, high-humidity conditions may have caused the ink to have been contaminated; therefore to avoid risk of this happening again, you may wish to consider changing the printer's environment.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the EPSON Customer Inter@ction Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.

Kind regards,

Joe
e-Service Support Technician
EPSON Customer Inter@ction Centre

Your Thoughts Anyone? I know mine. BS!! as I have a controlled environment and us dehumidifiers.
If that is the case why did the printer work for over five years in the same location and conditions and now its not.

rdm01

I previously commented on this thread, having the black go out in one of our printers. They were out, replaced the head, added filters to both our GS6000's. Now the second one is suffering from the same issues. Extremely aggravating. Have a tech coming out again, presumably to replace head and filter.

MCH

I tried to PM you

I have the same problem, I have put new head in two times and it came back two times, do we need to get a law suit together? seems like a lot of people are having the same problem.
I am tired of paying for this and cant seem to fix it.

I tried to email you (PM) but I don't have enough posts to do so. sales@art4.biz