Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson stylus pro 9800/Rip?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by NoMovingParts, Aug 18, 2011.

1. NoMovingParts

NoMovingParts New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    tampa
    My company just picked up an Epson Stylus Pro 9800, and the people we got it from recommended "GhostScript" as rip.
    I downloaded it, installed it, and read through the "read me"s and documentation.
    I honestly can't make heads or tails of this thing - like it was written in ancient Greek, converted to Chinese, then Binary.

Mostly what I seek is a black-on-clear print to use as a positive for screen exposure. I know I have the right machine & media, as the folks I got this thing from have produced film on it for us before.
    I output from Corel, AI, Photoshop, and need to be able to control (more than anything else) density of black.

So far, I can print straight out of Corel no problem, but the density isn't sufficient for screen exposure.
    Would I be chasing my tail with this "GhostScript" thing? Has anybody else had any luck with it? Is there a better way to go?

Tags:
  2. tcorn1965

tcorn1965 Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I have two epson 9800's that I only print vinyl for positives. I use wasatch, works well for us. Sorry never heard of Ghostscript.

Terry

3. southernsignguy

southernsignguy New Member

Mar 7, 2010