• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson stylus pro 9800/Rip?

NoMovingParts

My company just picked up an Epson Stylus Pro 9800, and the people we got it from recommended "GhostScript" as rip.
I downloaded it, installed it, and read through the "read me"s and documentation.
I honestly can't make heads or tails of this thing - like it was written in ancient Greek, converted to Chinese, then Binary.

Mostly what I seek is a black-on-clear print to use as a positive for screen exposure. I know I have the right machine & media, as the folks I got this thing from have produced film on it for us before.
I output from Corel, AI, Photoshop, and need to be able to control (more than anything else) density of black.

So far, I can print straight out of Corel no problem, but the density isn't sufficient for screen exposure.
Would I be chasing my tail with this "GhostScript" thing? Has anybody else had any luck with it? Is there a better way to go?

tcorn1965

My company just picked up an Epson Stylus Pro 9800, and the people we got it from recommended "GhostScript" as rip.
I downloaded it, installed it, and read through the "read me"s and documentation.
I honestly can't make heads or tails of this thing - like it was written in ancient Greek, converted to Chinese, then Binary.

Mostly what I seek is a black-on-clear print to use as a positive for screen exposure. I know I have the right machine & media, as the folks I got this thing from have produced film on it for us before.
I output from Corel, AI, Photoshop, and need to be able to control (more than anything else) density of black.

So far, I can print straight out of Corel no problem, but the density isn't sufficient for screen exposure.
Would I be chasing my tail with this "GhostScript" thing? Has anybody else had any luck with it? Is there a better way to go?

I have two epson 9800's that I only print vinyl for positives. I use wasatch, works well for us. Sorry never heard of Ghostscript.

Terry

southernsignguy