• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson SureColor 1A39 Error Printhead

As an Epson tech, I see a lot of people swapping out the Main Formatter Board on Epson printers with the 1A39 print head Error. There is a small fuse on the board that can cause error as discussed first in the service manual, which is misleading. While I have done hundreds of heads I have seen maybe 1 or 2 of the 1A39 errors actually caused by the main board and this is likely because the head was removed while the printer was on or a cable was damaged. By the way, the fuser on the main board is very small and soldered in, it is not a user replaceable fuse. With dual head printers like the S50670, S50675, S70600, S80600, S40600, you can put the printer in single head mode and run with just one head if you have print quality issues with one head. If you have a 1A39 error, the printer will not run. Also, there is no clue to which head is bad if you have the 1A39 error on a dual head printer, you just have to guess. ALWAYS unplug the printer and hit the power button a few times when working on the printer. Lastly, while a head cable can cause this error, it is not going to suddenly go bad, so don't waste you time swapping cables either unless you see visible damage to the foil on the FFC cable. These can be easily damaged if not properly inserted in the head.

coltonwanderson

As an Epson tech, I see a lot of people swapping out the Main Formatter Board on Epson printers with the 1A39 print head Error. There is a small fuse on the board that can cause error as discussed first in the service manual, which is misleading. While I have done hundreds of heads I have seen maybe 1 or 2 of the 1A39 errors actually caused by the main board and this is likely because the head was removed while the printer was on or a cable was damaged. By the way, the fuser on the main board is very small and soldered in, it is not a user replaceable fuse. With dual head printers like the S50670, S50675, S70600, S80600, S40600, you can put the printer in single head mode and run with just one head if you have print quality issues with one head. If you have a 1A39 error, the printer will not run. Also, there is no clue to which head is bad if you have the 1A39 error on a dual head printer, you just have to guess. ALWAYS unplug the printer and hit the power button a few times when working on the printer. Lastly, while a head cable can cause this error, it is not going to suddenly go bad, so don't waste you time swapping cables either unless you see visible damage to the foil on the FFC cable. These can be easily damaged if not properly inserted in the head.
I've only dealt with a few dozen of that error, but I 100 percent agree with everything. We did figure out one trick where you can try one head first, and as long as you removed and placed it to the side carefully, you can put it back in if it wasn't the bad one. Then you can switch the other out instead of having to buy two printheads and replace one that's perfectly good.

I've only dealt with a few dozen of that error, but I 100 percent agree with everything. We did figure out one trick where you can try one head first, and as long as you removed and placed it to the side carefully, you can put it back in if it wasn't the bad one. Then you can switch the other out instead of having to buy two printheads and replace one that's perfectly good.
Absolutely, I start with the one that has had the most recent issues: Dropped/Deflected nozzles, etc., then the oldest one, or I just start with the left out of habit it the other two factors do not apply