• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Surecolor 50670 Heads

mpn

We have had another set of heads go bad on this wonderful printer and would like to try flushing them out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it work on this type of head?

The first head went south slowly, then the second head shortly after that. Now the printer cycles through on startup till it puts out a 1A39 code Fatal Error. (bad heads, bad head cables or motherboard fuse blown):banghead:

I'm prepared for the worst in repairs, just wanted to see if there are any alternatives?

Get Lucky

I have tried it every time on our 30670 with no luck. We have replaced I think four heads now. Any way best of luck.

yes same here have had it for about 2 years or so and have done 3 heads 1 under warrenty... kinda lame as well as not being nearly as good print quality as our GS6000.

always so grainy

mdjamesd

What are you doing to your printers? Just had the original head replaced on one of our S30's, he other one has the original print head that's ~4 years old.

mpn

What are you doing to your printers? Just had the original head replaced on one of our S30's, he other one has the original print head that's ~4 years old.

I print with it.

Glad to see you have a good one.

jfiscus

Rap Master
What is going on to go through so many heads here? Is it just routine for them to wear out, or is it just little heads strikes building up over time? Two heads that are $2500 each can get expensive!

We just bought an S60670 a couple weeks ago and know the heads are pricey, so I'd like to avoid replacing them as much as possible!
Ours is printing perfectly still, but I want to be vigilant if possible - we print a LOT here also and having it down wouldn't be a good thing.

On our Mimaki printers we hardly EVER have to replace any heads as long as we are careful loading the materials. it seems that the more you run these machines the less trouble you have from them.
On our HP the heads are just consumables that wear out, but they are cheap. I don't even want to get started ranting about this printer's other issues...