• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Epson surecolor Chrome GS3 ink problem

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
We just received an Epson surecolor S60600 before Christmas. We seem to be having issues with ink solidity after drying. When we install our wallpaper the inks bleed off the panels. When the ink comes into contact with water and friction from squeegees is applied the ink spreads around and off the panels. Also a slight and gentle minimal flick of a finger nail will scratch the print.. is this normal? I don’t recall my Roland max 2 inks being this fragile at all. They would scratch and scuff easily compared to latex and UV but what I have happening now seems ridiculous. Anyone have any experience wit these inks?

A2D4A50D-8713-4B0C-9F3F-FD6006C6E5E0.jpeg
5D826C0C-EF72-44F5-87AD-466D2305B9D4.jpeg
BFA6122C-4527-4EEE-877A-2A5BE2C196D4.jpeg

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I can't say much about getting the prints wet as it's something we've never come across, but scratch resistance on our 80600 is phenomenal. We nearly have to destroy the media before the inks come off.
What material are you having issues with? Do you experience the same issue with other media types?

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
I can't say much about getting the prints wet as it's something we've never come across, but scratch resistance on our 80600 is phenomenal. We nearly have to destroy the media before the inks come off.
What material are you having issues with? Do you experience the same issue with other media types?
This happens on paper, gloss vinyl, 20oz Wallcoverings and PET . Basically everything..

CanuckSigns

We have the s80600 and the prints are extremely durable, I've never printed on wall paper, but all the vinyl, banner and paper we've used has had excellent adhesion.

Prehaps you are putting down too much ink for the media to absorb, have you tried lowering your ink limits?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I found a scrap of unlaminated wrap material we printed on Tuesday. Sprayed some tap water onto it to soak for ~10 minutes then scrubbed the print quite vigorously for a few minutes with a scotch brite scouring pad.
Sorry to say (for your sake) that the print still looks exactly the same and none has separated from the media.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I'm thinking it is a media issue. We run a LOT of materials through ours, but we do not do wallpaper. Never seen anything like this since we had a latex and used incorrect materials a couple times.