• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Surecolor R5070 resin printer

ikarasu

No issues really, when it's too hot, I run multiple fans everywhere to keep things ventilated around the printer, and during winter for now (my garage is insulated), I just let the heater run a little longer for warmup, and the head takes a few minutes longer to warm up to optimal temp.

Output has no issues. All normal.

I get that. Mines in my un-controlled garage - in the summer its said it was too hot... I kept printing, worried I was breaking it or putting unnecessary tear on it - but I had my garage opened a crack and I blew a fan into my house on one side...and then out of the garage on the other to maximize airflow, and blow the cool house air in, it helped!

Even now in winter - it's -8 C (17F) And after 20 FT my garage says its too hot... I just pop open my house door and blow a fan from the garage to indoors....free heating.

slipperyfrog

Best machine I've had. As long as you have a decent way to control the room temperature with heat waves and freezing weather (trying to not run it from a garage), then there is absolutely no issues with any challenges.

Quality is amazing, using it with ONYX with adjust profiles is amazing on ink savings and workflow.

For reference, I've had a Roland VS?, Mimaki CJVs, and the Epson S80600. Amazing speed, amazing quality (with slight disclaimer details above), and just amazing output.

I would not ask for another machine at this time other than making it even faster or having even more ink channels to be top notch for color gamut.
What power requirement is there on the RC5070?

frankzilla

The way that Onyx connects is via IP address. Epson edge print allows choice of USB or Ethernet.

So for ONYX the best way is to get the set IP from the printer after connecting DIRECTLY to the computer via Ethernet. (Ive found there can be a lag or communication noise to the printer if connected to a hub or router.)

Then try and use Epson Edge Dashboard to check for connection and install the driver or reinstall the drivers.

When it seems like the printer is talking to the computer, you can try to add the IP address during the add printer set up on ONYX. You can also try this first to see if it establishes some sort of communication at some point. You'll know it is talking when you see the printer is able to have the power button on the right panel turn green, and/or you see the info tab show ink volumes.

The process of adding a printer via IP for ONYX is not special to the R5070, so any other general instructions for different versions or similar menus should point you in the correct direction.

The process may take an hour of trial and error discovery, or half the day trying to remove, and clean install drivers in different orders with ONYX in order to see it sometimes.

Once established, it should work fine. As a side note, on ONYX 21, I am currently experiencing a drop in connection after a print job or a while. In that case I just restart ONYX. I haven't had the time to check and redo everything yet or reinstall drivers and onyx to see if it's something that will fix it. Could just be me.

frankzilla

What power requirement is there on the RC5070?
Epson should have it listed by now, but dual 20amp 240v breakers. Same for an HP Latex.

They're very picky, you'll need to be within a range of 230v and 240v I believe, no more no less and have proof of it with a volt meter or something.

I had 245v total each line and needed to install a step down transformer for one leg each to bring the total down around 235v.

Anything out of range and they will not ship or will void your warranty.