• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson SureColor S40600 Printer

TRACY GRAY

I am looking at the Epson SureColor S40600 Printer and cut bundle. I found a great deal on it. Anyone have this printer that can offer some review on it? Is it a great printer for the cost? Don't want a lemon.

evoprinting

I am looking at the Epson SureColor S40600 Printer and cut bundle. I found a great deal on it. Anyone have this printer that can offer some review on it? Is it a great printer for the cost? Don't want a lemon.
We've had the S40 for about 5 years now. I would certainly buy another I highly recommend it. We use it for banners, posters and different types of adhesive vinyl.

greysquirrel

there's nothing bad to say about this printer. Epson sure colors have the best IQ at this price. This is a single head 4/c and will be great for everything you throw at it. We added a second for everyday use. They run in 4/p all the time. I would upgrade to a full version of onyx when you get a chance. But the out of box rip will get you from a-b

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

frankzilla

For the price and budget, not bad, especially if you're talking about used and calling it a better deal than a new bundle. The heads can be expensive to replace as normal for all printers, but Epson has some flat rate pricing modules now for service in case you need more things fixed, you get 1 price upfront.

If you had double or triple the budget, then I'd try the new and shiny R5070PE if you do not print as consistently but do print enough volume. (It's a super fast printer). The eventual head replacements down the line years later are much much cheaper to even out the score in parts you might service and replace over the years.

The S40 might take all day for something that this machine takes 2hrs to do. I've also had the S80600 w 2 heads and the same job would take about 5-6hrs.

TRACY GRAY

Thanks everyone. I currently have the 330670. We've had it for years and it's been great. Most of our prints are wraps nd banners as well as small decals in large quantities. Problem is we use Flexi cloud and production manager doesn't have the correct dither type anymore to get good print quality on this machine. So it's time for an upgrade.
We've had the S40 for about 5 years now. I would certainly buy another I highly recommend it. We use it for banners, posters and different types of adhesive vinyl.
Good for printing wraps then?

Goatshaver

I've had my S40 for about 4 years now and it's been absolutely great. Maintenance has been pretty low, only just recently did I have my first service on it.

Goatshaver

Great news! Do you print wraps? 3MIJ180 and 40 are my go to.
I don't, mainly stickers. Shouldn't be a problem. If you're looking for image quality, the Epson will treat you just fine. If you have a high volume you may want to look into the S80. It'll also give you wider color gamut for prints as it has some extra colors to help with that.

TRACY GRAY

I don't, mainly stickers. Shouldn't be a problem. If you're looking for image quality, the Epson will treat you just fine. If you have a high volume you may want to look into the S80. It'll also give you wider color gamut for prints as it has some extra colors to help with that.
I'm checking that printer out now. Thank you.