• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Epson SureColor S7675 Maintenance Request #00000080

WrapSolutions

Does anyone know what this pertains to "Maintenance Request [HASHTAG]#00000080[/HASHTAG]" on an Epson SureColor S70675. Otherwise this machine is running as it should regardless of this message.
S70675-MaintenanceRequest-2019-9-3-LO.jpg

unclebun

Here's what Epson says:
The product part indicated is nearing or at the end of its service life. Contact Epson for support and provide them with the service code shown on the LCD screen.

You must replace the part before printing again. If you continue to print, a call for service occurs.

WrapSolutions

Here's what Epson says:
The product part indicated is nearing or at the end of its service life. Contact Epson for support and provide them with the service code shown on the LCD screen.

You must replace the part before printing again. If you continue to print, a call for service occurs.
I've had a couple other Maintenance Request pop up over time, without the call for service occurring. I wonder if it's a scare tactic or I'm just getting lucky...

unclebun

The codes refer to a part which has an estimated lifespan, and on our machine, I can recall one for the encoder strip that came up. But it just comes as a numerical code. Since you cannot buy the repair and service parts from Epson anyway, it does no harm to call the 800 number for Epson support and tell them the code you are seeing. They will tell you what it means. The thing is, if you don't have a service call made, at some point the timer will tell the machine to stop operating unless it's reset by the technician.

In our case, the tech came and because we were beyond warranty and I was not going to purchase a service plan, he changed the settings on the machine so that these "preventive maintenance" warnings don't come up. If I have an incipient failure, it will fail, and then I will know about it and have to pay a technician to come repair it.

The machine is designed so that you pay for a service contract every year, in which case you will not be afraid to call for a technician to come for a service call because you've already paid for it.