• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Equipment Advice Needed

I am looking to start a t-shirt company with my son. Currently he is using freeware to create his designs and outsourcing the work. I am looking for suggestions on Cutter, press and software to mainly concentrate on T-Shirts and hats for now. Would like to stay under $1000 if possible.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Check out ScreenPrinting.com to get an idea of what you're going to need to spend. $1,000 isn't a lot and you're not going to be able to get an automated machine. Keep your eyes peeled for used machines if you want to try to save a little money.

For $1,000 you can get a pretty nice hobbyist setup, but you're not going to be producing a lot of volume.

AKwrapguy

A lot of the plotters and printer will come with software. You can also download trial version of others to see if you like it. Many have switched to the subscription model to the cost of entry is much lower now. For $50 a month you can have access to all of Adobe's programs which is pretty nice.

As far as equipment goes, I would say be conservative at first and scale up once you are making a little money. Don't be afraid to reach out to some of the merchant members on here and see if they have any demo equipment they're willing to part with. They have deals all the time especially after a trade show. But I think that your doing it right with subbing most of out right now, make sure there's a market first.

Pippin Decals

Check out stalhs.com for heat presses. Iam using a spendy hotronix fusion 16x20 and love it.. For software im using Ai for designing and scalps4pro for my cutting...For my cutter im running a titan2 28" and its very very accurate and really quiet. sending you a message as well.