Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equivalent to 3M 180mC?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by DesireeM, Jul 8, 2019.

1. DesireeM

DesireeM Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Sudbury, Ontario Canada
    I have to color match some long-term vehicle graphics(cut striping mostly) to provided Pantone colors and make a recommendation on which 3M or Avery vinyl they should be sourcing.

I have a couple road blocks. 3M 180mC is long-term ☑, conformable ☑, Comply adhesive, BUT the color options don't match closely for a few of the Pantones.

Avery 900 SuperCast Opaque series has all the matching colors but only a couple of their swatches have the Easy Apply option and are only somewhat conformable.

Is there another option I'm not considering? I've looked at Arlon and Oracal and they don't hit enough of my "check marks" that I can tell. The color options are low too.

Tags:
  2. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I believe you would want the Avery SW line, not the SC.

3. DesireeM

DesireeM Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Sudbury, Ontario Canada
    Thank you, it does have the easy apply and conform properties but it doesn't have the same variety of colour options. I should have mentioned that I considered the line but it doesn't fit for a couple reasons. In this case I have 6 pantone colours to match as closely as possible and the SW line only has approx. 22 glossy, solid colour options. the rest are metallics and whatnot. Also - I can only source the rolls in 60" wide but the graphics need to be contour cut on either a 48" or a 54" cutter.