• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

er074 err cr2 current after every print

Arstron

Starting yesterday, after everything I print I am getting this error as soon as printing starts. I can turn the printer off and back on and it will print fine. Anyone know what this is about?

This is on a mutoh vj 1204 with firmware 1.18

Disregard, a quick search lead me to a reply by mac daddy and a quick clean of the t fence is all it was. Just had me scared.:cool1:

Last edited:

Arstron

Of course naturally, as soon as I post this the machine starts giving me this error as soon as I turn the machine back on. I have restarted the machine because of the error 4 times. I have been printing out on clear 3651g panels that are 30"x75" on quality1.

One other bit of information, I am not sure if it is pertinent or not, but Monday morning when I came into work, the printer would only print yellow, I had to soak the head for a good hour and a half (tried sucking with a syringe every 15 minutes then rewet the cloth and soaked, then repeat). The printer did go past initializing just now before giving the error again, however as soon as the cleaning cycle ended, it gave the error. I have 3 more panels to print out today for a lighted sign. So help would be greatly appreciated.

MVIP

To the left of the capping station is a small black wedge! Mine was bent down slightly and giving me this error!

RIDigital

Clean the T fence (encoder strip). Release the carriage assembly, and inspect the strip with a flashlight to see any marks. Also try starting the machine with the carriage assembly in the middle, and see where it stops. If it is consistent, that’s where the spot to clean the most is.

Arstron

The black stop is fine, also the tfence has been cleaned quiet a bit. However the machine has started giving me this error again. I wiped the strip down with a dry cloth, it did nothing, I then wiped it down with a towel with a little bit of alcohol, neither has done any good and I cant get past initializing again. I am very frustrated right now and not sure what to do.

I should add that I have cleaned both sides of the encoder strip.

Looking at this link here:
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37827

Macdaddy says:
5. Check "Y Encoder"
from "Test:
Encoder" of selfdiagnosis
function.

What are the steps for checking this?

henryp

Since your problem is intermittent, it is more likely a mechanical fault. Check that the head lock is OK, not bent, not binding, and that it releases the head when it is supposed to. With the machine off, manually move the carriage across the printer, check that it moves freely and uniformly. If it does not, clean and lubricate the bearing raceways.

ftp://ftp.mutoh.com/Public/Printer ...ins/MAI Bulleting_021709 Bearing Raceways.pdfftp://ftp.mutoh.com/Public/Printer ...ins/MAI Bulleting_021709 Bearing Raceways.pdf

Last edited:

Arstron

I found the problem just as I was getting ready to leave work, I recently put our cover back on our machine (its been off for a year and a half), seems one of the 1 in to 2 connectors for the ink lines was hitting one of the screws. Everytime I put that cover back on something happens, first it was the ink lines rubbing the top of it (getting a hole in them). Its all fine now though, thanks for every ones suggestions.

gatorgig

I come to this site often searching for answers. And although I don't always know the name of the parts, this thread helped me solve a problem. ER074 CR error on my Mutoh VJ1204 kept shutting me down at the same spot on printing. After "thinking" I had cleaned the areas good with alcohol as suggested it still didn't work. Upon inspection with a flashlight, there was still residue that had to be cleaned. Also moving belt manually I saw the smallest of pieces of lint....viola! Problem solved!! Thanks to all who gave tips that saved me an expensive repair call!