• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eradicating Mask

jkoch

We have an awning coming up using Cooley eradicable fabric. We don't do these too often and in the past I have always used the Coolmask like they recommend. I needed to order some more of that and my supplier says it's a special order, would take 3 weeks to come, and they haven't had any since 2007. When I asked what other people use, she wasn't helpful at all, she didn't even know what it was. Does anyone know where to get this, or do you know what other kind of mask I can use? The Coolmask did work very well.

Thanks!

round man

At the awning shop I worked at we would use normal intermediate vinyl for eradicating mask,...be careful to seal the edges down good or the fluid will "creep" up under the edge and make a "blurry" edge,...the trick is to use what fluid you need and do it fast before it disolves the glue on the vinyl,...hope this helps ya,...

jkoch

I did do a little experimenting with calendared vinyl. It seems to work OK but the fluid started to eat the vinyl just a little bit. Maybe I just have to be more careful and faster. The Avery paint mask seemed to work, but I just wanted some advice before I go ahead and cut the whole job with something I'm not sure will work.