• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ergosoft Posterprint - Dull Colors

dst270

Hi All,

Firstly I'm quite new to the world of large format printing and color management etc

I use Ergosoft Posterprint 14 as RIP software for a Epson SC30600. The issue I have is when I import a pdf into Posterprint as a print job, PosterPrint displays it with noticeably "duller" colors, compared to when the pdf is viewed in Adobe reader or Illustrator. When I send the print job to the printer, the printed colors are also dull.

So obviously the problem lies with how Posterprint reads the pdf and interprets the colors, it's not a problem between Posterprint and the printer or the printer itself. Also I don't have the same issue with photo images, these display pretty much as they should, and for photos it provides the "Tune" control to adjust saturation, etc.

Has anyone else had this issue, or able to offer help? I have read the manual and also explored a lot of settings without success so far. Cheers

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Do you know the difference between RGB and CMYK?
Do you know what is the Rendering Intent?
Do you know how to deal with Input, Output ICC and Embedded profiles?

dst270

Yes I know the difference between RGB and CMYK. I'm having the same issue with CMYK pdf's and also RGB pdf's

Rendering Intent, Input, Output ICC and Embedded profiles, I only have a limited understanding of these. I've tried experimenting with different settings for all of these, yet nothing seems to change the colors to be as they appear in Illustrator or Adobe Reader.

The attached picture is a screenshot of 2 jobs in Posterprint. The one on the left is a bitmap, Posterprint handles the colors of image files correctly. On the right is a pdf, and as you can see the colors are not even close

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 303

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
1. Does your prints have the same dull colors as they appear in ergosoft?
2. Seems that you have a different profiles set to display in Ps and Pp..
3. Try the soft proof : load your printer ICC to Ps and assign it to the file.