Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ergosoft Posterprint RIP Optimisation

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by mharfouch, Feb 14, 2013.

1. mharfouch

mharfouch New Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Hi all.

I recently decided our sole computer here used for ripping needed some more oomph as our standard time of ripping files for print on our XJ-640s was averaging at about 2 hours per 50 metres depending on how many lines of the PDF needed to be rasterized.

I have managed to cut this time in half so far by putting a Solid State Drive in and using it as the host folder for all of our sublimation artwork, as well as the temporary raster folder for the RIP software, but the SSD is running 3gb/s speeds at max, rather than the 100mbps speeds of the SATA2 HDD, it should theoretically be almost 30 times faster in every process!!

If anyone has any ideas on how I could fix this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks all.

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    It is all marketing hype. Drives like many other things are rated using the best case scenarios. Never real world. Look at the wording in the specs.
    The rest of your system needs to be optimized to take advantage of the SSD also.

3. Shogun

Shogun New Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Upgrade your ram

SSD's are great in conjunction with alot of ram & a good processor. Using a superfast SSD with small ram is like trying to squeeze an elephant through a keyhole. Max out your ram & i'm sure you'll see a big difference.