• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ergosoft Posterprint RIP Optimisation

mharfouch

Hi all.

I recently decided our sole computer here used for ripping needed some more oomph as our standard time of ripping files for print on our XJ-640s was averaging at about 2 hours per 50 metres depending on how many lines of the PDF needed to be rasterized.

I have managed to cut this time in half so far by putting a Solid State Drive in and using it as the host folder for all of our sublimation artwork, as well as the temporary raster folder for the RIP software, but the SSD is running 3gb/s speeds at max, rather than the 100mbps speeds of the SATA2 HDD, it should theoretically be almost 30 times faster in every process!!

If anyone has any ideas on how I could fix this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks all.

rjssigns

It is all marketing hype. Drives like many other things are rated using the best case scenarios. Never real world. Look at the wording in the specs.
The rest of your system needs to be optimized to take advantage of the SSD also.

Shogun

Upgrade your ram

SSD's are great in conjunction with alot of ram & a good processor. Using a superfast SSD with small ram is like trying to squeeze an elephant through a keyhole. Max out your ram & i'm sure you'll see a big difference.