• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

err 074 cr overcurrent

Manolo

i have old a mutoh vj 1604, firmware 1.05 , the cr motor doesnt work, every time stopped and get err 074 cr overcurrent, i bought new one same it has 30v 3000 rpm but doesnt work, it stop before to start to print and i got same error. i cleaned t fance, Steel belt, optical encoder, carriage solenoid , new cr board, original new flat cables and nothing, some one knows whats wrong ? some one say to me about the new motors Works with diferent voltage but i dont know what else to do. could you help me? thanks:banghead:

Umca

I think your CR Encoder is broken.
You can make a simple test. Move the carriage to center while printer switched off. Switch on the printer.
Carriage should move slowly to home position. In this mode T-fance and encoder will not use.
If same error will happen - motor driver on mainboard is damaged.
If carriage will return to capping - please check encoder in diagnostic menu. Maybe need to replace ancoder or ribbon cable,

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it stops before going to print every time, your head lock mechanism is most likely malfunctioning. It's pretty common on these ValueJets. Tape the head lock down so that it is permanently unlocked and try to run a print. If it works fine, you just need to bend the head lock bracket back into the proper position.

AaronSSsignsKC

Ran a 1624 for years!! you have a bad encoder strip for sure!!! 074 refers to the encoder strip and 072 refers to the pf or carriage motor itself. The only other thing i have ran into that causes this is like the previous posters said if something impacts the head or is in the way such as the head lock the printer will immediately throw a current error to protect the head.

Manolo

still in troubles

Hi, i dont write and speak english very well but i will try. I bought cr motor DG-41077 a page from china 30v 3000rpm. I bought new generic encoder “t fance” here en mexico, i bought new cr cables from europe dg-40352, i bought generic ribon cables, original cr board, new bearings, clean the stell belt , has come 4 technicals and they doesnt know whats wrong. Just one say that i have to change firmware from 1604 to 1614, but he need to instal Smart cards and Weld something, i dont believe it and also i dont want it. I use generic ink and refill cartridges.
That guy say that the new componets (cr motor) needs plus voltage to start and the firmware mainboard can´t give to it.
I have read fórums an the other tecnicals say thats not posible . but i am wasting money, time an clients.
I hope u can help me

Manolo

Manolo

thaks

I think your CR Encoder is broken.
You can make a simple test. Move the carriage to center while printer switched off. Switch on the printer.
Carriage should move slowly to home position. In this mode T-fance and encoder will not use.
If same error will happen - motor driver on mainboard is damaged.
If carriage will return to capping - please check encoder in diagnostic menu. Maybe need to replace ancoder or ribbon cable,

thanks, i did your test the carriage moves to station, i got new encoder and generic ribbon cables. still become to move in nozzle check and bep bep bep! dam it

Umca

Did you check Steel Belt and CR Speed Reduction Belt tension?
How you adjust it? Both values are important.

gottogo

If it stops before going to print every time, your head lock mechanism is most likely malfunctioning. It's pretty common on these ValueJets. Tape the head lock down so that it is permanently unlocked and try to run a print. If it works fine, you just need to bend the head lock bracket back into the proper position.

This is 100% accurate. I've done this before.

letter

Скривени мени, подесити механичке параметре, подешавање кући. Покушајте да повећате или смањите вредност подешавања.