• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ERR Scan - Help

Laser

Morning World, Just turned my JV3 on this morning after attempting adjustments yesterday and end up with "ERR - Scan"
I also noticed instead of just getting the firmware version, I have now a series of numbers below the firmware ID. Once tint the Err I cannot proceed past the screen.
Help is always appreciated..
:frustrated:

Laser

FYI All - I had adjusted the capper settings apparently out of parameters before shut down yesterday - oops

RippinPC

Never seen this error.
Can you be more specific about how you got to this point. Maybe take a picture and share with us.

Laser

Hi There Rippin.

I have purchased a used JV3
Installed new heads and was going through just about every thing imaginable to set-up and ajust the Heads and Capping Station (also replaced along with the pumps) I adjusted the capping station as the last thing before I shut down for the night, Power off at the front. Into the Shop this morning and the machine was powered on (Display illuminated) and the ERR Scan showing. No matter what I did to the keyboard that is all I got, Looking up on Yahoo Mimaki JV3 user group I found that the capping sation parameters could be out causing this out so I adjusted them using system parameters back to the recommended settings and Voila - The printer came back on line.. I hope this answers your question..

Regards
Time for a :beer

hshdjn

Err Scan Error

FYI All - I had adjusted the capper settings apparently out of parameters before shut down yesterday - oops

I know this issue was 6 years ago but I am having the same issue with my Jv3. Did you ever find the problem? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dave

genericname

I know this issue was 6 years ago but I am having the same issue with my Jv3. Did you ever find the problem? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dave

Just ran into this myself, Dave. When you turn the printer on, hold down the left and right arrows until you hear it beep. Instead of doing a normal boot-up, it'll bring you right to the parameter adjustment menu.

From there press up or down to select the parameter you want to adjust, and enter to modify them. The capping station settings were something low like 3 through 6 on my list.