• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 0110

iladi

Roland sp540v is the machine. I have errors 0110 from time to time. I know is encoder strip related. I have replaced the encoder strip and the sensor. All is OK when i manualy turn off/on the printer, even for a number of times. The error apares only when the printer wakes up for regulary checks. The pattern is this: turn off the printer in the evening, came in the morning and the printer in beeping, error 0110, THE CAPPING IS DOWN. The pictures is this: printer awakes, capping moves down, head is moving left-right, cannot find encoder and stops with the cap down and the error. You can imagine my joy to resurect the head mondays morning after a weekend with the head exposed to air. The strange thing is that sometimes i get the error, sometimes is ok.
For some time i left the printer on all the time, but this is not a solution. Any help will be apreciated, thanx.

hyperdrive

Make sure the reader is centered on the strip..it has heppened to us.
Also make sure reader is clean. Did you do encoder setup after replacing strip?

iladi

Yes, i have done encoder setup. The reader is a new one. I will play with the centering but i cant find any picture or any indication with the exact position it should be. What bothers me is that 4 days the setup is ok and all the suden it is not. Mostly on weekends, of cource.