• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 0800 0800 on VS 640

Kaizer Chiefs

Hello
I got a Roland VS 640 thats was giving the error 0800 0800 every time after printing in a print & cut job.There doesn't seem to appear any obstructions but we've noticed that this error appears only when a large print and cut job is being made If we send small print & cut jobs, it will work fine but on larger work it will always give that error . The printing part will be done but when its about to start cutting is when the error message appears. If it’s a simple print job, its fine and same with just the cutting job, its also fine. It only occurs during print & cut large files.

Today the error code 0800 0800 scan motor is appearing more often. Yesterday we had 11 metres of vinyl cutting to do and everytime we did a test cut this error would appear.

We use oracal, avery, justrigt vynil

We’ve reduced both heater temperatures and we’re still receiving this problem. The Printer heater was at 35 degrees and the dryer heater was at 40 degrees and now they’re both on 30 degrees as it cannot go any lower.

Thanks for help

romichoux

I think I know what is your problem.

Sorry for my english but I french.

on the left slide of the carriage, around the bar on which slide the carriage, there is a kind of join attached with 2 screws on the carriage. this kind of join avoid the dust to come in the bearing of the carriage. when they is dust, remove the two screws and clean this kind of join.

let me know if it's better after that. if not I will give you some more help

Romain