• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 110 AND Temperature Too High error.

IsItFasst

So I finally got the machine to print correctly yesterday. Come into my office today and it's beeping the 110 error. So I figure maybe the encoder is dirty so I clean it. No change. Replace the reader/eye (since I just so happen to have one laying around) still no go. I hadn't even tried to turn the machine on yet as it was just getting this error after being plugged in for a minute and the machine kicks on to recirculate ink. Finally decide to try to turn the machine on and get the temperature is too high (212F). I unplug the machine for a few hours, plug it back in and it still gives me the same error. Obviously there is a temperature sensor problem because it wouldn't stay that hot for hours unplugged. Thermistor check in service menu shows this high temperature. But not sure what to look for/clean/replace for that one since I can't find any information other than the print/dryer thermistor (which both read normal). The diagram for the head thermistor shows the entire head circled for it. So does the entire head need replaced?

I can replace the encoder strip once I get this temp issue figured out. But also wondering if the two are related since I didn't have either error yesterday.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have a short in the print head. Temp too high means the temperature in the head is too high which can be due to the environment or due to a short. Obviously at 212F it's not environment so it has to be a short. Double check all of your cables going the the head and make sure they are all the way plugged in, clear of debris/ink, free of damage or corrosion and/or free of damage along the cable. Make sure they are fully plugged into the slider board as well. If any ink dropped in the print head terminal that would cause a short as well.

Ragnabrok

adding to Vander, if this is a multi-head machine, all the heads have a thermistor, but only one is being used, usually on the black head (cyan on a pro 3 i think). so technically, if only the thermistor is at fault, swapping that head for it's neighbor is a potential work around. it's probably not worth the hassle of cleaning, aligning, changing head rank and all that jazz, and introduces the possibility of frying other electronics if the head is indeed toasted...

IsItFasst

Single print head (dx7). I didn't mess with anything that would cause the problem....it just randomly started saying it when I came into the office after being off all night. I'll double check connections. But that has been the story of this machine since I bought it in September. Will print fine (at most) one small sheet, then an error pops up the next day. As soon as that problem is fixed, another problem, and another, and then another....almost everything has been replaced on this machine at least twice trying to fix these random problems and I've only printed about 5 square feet of material for profit (no joke).

IsItFasst

Double checked the cables and all are good there (ends look good and plugged in correctly). I should note that ALL of the cables (the 4 from the print head to the carriage board and the 3 long cables from the carriage board to the main board) are all new as of a few months ago. The carriage board is new too along with the print head (been replaced twice just to ensure that wasn't a problem before I found out it was the long 3 cables that were a problem).

damonCA21

Hi, I have the same problem, have you finally found a solution?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Which printer? If its not the head or head cables it is normally the print carriage board above the head has gone faulty, this is what the head cables plug into and transfers the thermistor signal to the main or servo board ( depending on model )

damonCA21

It would also point to the print carriage board if you are getting the 0110 error as the linear encoder sensor that gives this fault also plugs into this

damonCA21

I would see if you can find a used carriage board and swap that and the head cables over and see if that fixes the problem. Is a lot cheaper than replacing the head. Avoid the new boards advertised in china as they aren't genuine Roland ones, they are copies so you never know if they are going to work properly

tery

I would see if you can find a used carriage board and swap that and the head cables over and see if that fixes the problem. Is a lot cheaper than replacing the head. Avoid the new boards advertised in china as they aren't genuine Roland ones, they are copies so you never know if they are going to work properly
I tried a new head and the same thing happens, I also put new head cables and still the same. Well, I'll probably end up on the carriege board. I searched a bit on the internet and I can't find it genuine new and for immediate shipping to Greece, I will look for a used one. Thank you very much for your time

damonCA21

Ok if you have done the head and cables then the carriage board would be the next thing to try.

This should be the correct one : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193310970342 as the part number is the same for the 540i

( I don't know this company as haven't bought from them, but they seem legitimate and they ship to Greece )

I'm pretty sure the original board has been discontinued, so anyone selling a new one isn't selling the genuine Roland one, it will be a chinese copy