• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 1138 on the S30670? Anyone know this one?

Get Lucky

This is what the manual says about it. My guess would be it is time to replace.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 483

mpn

Is the 1138 error the same for a 50670? One set of capping stations is raised up and keeping the carriage from returning home. Any ideas on this one??:banghead:

mdjamesd

Is the 1138 error the same for a 50670? One set of capping stations is raised up and keeping the carriage from returning home. Any ideas on this one??:banghead:

There is a screw that can be turned to raise or lower the capping station....I can't remember where it is, but if you cll Epson and ask them....tell them that your power went out, and you need to manually set the capping station. If I hear anything from my sources, I'll reply again

mpn

There is a screw that can be turned to raise or lower the capping station....I can't remember where it is, but if you cll Epson and ask them....tell them that your power went out, and you need to manually set the capping station. If I hear anything from my sources, I'll reply again

Found it on the side of the printer (small cover).

Any idea on what causes this?

mdjamesd

Found it on the side of the printer (small cover).

Any idea on what causes this?

My guess is one or more of the following:
Ink got into the raising and lowering mechanism, and dried into a sludge
something got stuck in the gears, and caused it to overextend
How old is your printer, has the capping station been replaced yet?

I couldn't remember if the screw plate on the side was the one, or if it was a different one,and didn't want to pass out bad info.