Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 12 in Omega 2.5.0

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by jason43d, Oct 11, 2006.

1. jason43d

jason43d New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    I have 2 client machines running Omega 2.5.0 & keep getting the following message:"error 12 writing file, file not written. try save as with new file name"
    This message sometimes appears when doing nothing at all, most often when we try to send to plot. Can get around it most of the time by finding something that WILL go to plot & then sending whatever was getting the message & it will go. Has anyone ever encountered this & if so, what is the remedy.
    [​IMG] Jason43D

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Sounds like it might be related to the Auto Save feature. Try turning that off in Options to see if it stops it from happening.

3. jason43d

jason43d New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    I guess you were talking about the auto-backup feature. I turned that off & it is still doing it

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    This site is monitored by some Gerber people and you'll eventually get an answer. If you'd like to get it more quickly, you might want to register at the 4EdgeTalk.com forum and post the same question there. Gerber tech support monitors that forum much more regularly.