• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

error 16 MRL Command JV33

JBusch260

According to the manual, the cause is "The received data does not follow the command system set by the machine" Their suggested solution is "Transmit data that is not compatible with the command system supported by this machine".

Have you gotten this message before? What kind of RIP program are you using? and finally, what kind of file are you trying to print?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The data that you are sending to the printer is not being recognized as the proper format. Have you changed any settings in your rip recently?

MikeD

We have an appealingly random problem with our JV33 printers; all running on Wasatch and Windows. It can happen with any file (we print .eps.) and on any of the 3 PC's we use.
The issue is that although the print spooler is running and the active light on the printer is blinking, the print has stopped. The only remedy is to reboot so far. Today I noticed the error message.
Thanks for the help!

MikeD

same settings since 2007... sometimes the printing stops, most of the time it doesn't. No one has been able to pin point the origin.
We've swapped out computers, cables- everything but the printers. the problem goes away and comes back randomly. The only thing I can think based on what the techs offer is static build-up, but I am not able to detect the charge coming off the roll or otherwise.
I have been thinking the origin is within Wasatch, but they haven't offered any solutions.

Hi Mike d,

In rip software check the options i.e Mode are two type 1st one is Full Colour,
2nd one is MRL. IF u Choose MRL Machine will give MRL command error. We should use "FULL COLOUR"

Find attached file and look in Red box

We are using RLP RIP which is given by mimaki, i did't check in wasatch soft rip because I don't have copy of wasatch soft rip

Attachments

• RLP RIP.jpg
    RLP RIP.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 443