• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 20 I/F Board 01

Cmiller01

Printer
Hi Everyone,
Ive been having some problems lately with my Mimaki JV3-160S, I've been getting an Error 20 I/F Board 01 and it beeps. I reboot it, and it comes back. Sometimes it does this while printing, other times when it is just sitting idle. I've had 3 or 4 of these just in one day, and I have had other sporadically throughout the week. Does this mean the firewire board needs to be replaced or could this be a cord going bad.... or something else??

lexsigns

I have mimaki cutter- same error today- gotta data dump, clear the que /spooler unplug, reboot. May not be the same for printing but worth a shot...
I had a panic attack cuz it wouldnt stop beeping after on and off but that did the trick...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On the cutter it's probably just a glitch. On the JV3 printer that is a guaranteed sign of emminent failure of the firewire board. They are known to go bad, not if but when. It will recover and work again for a while but that will get more and more frequent to a point that it will ultimatley not work at all. Get in touch with Kent at MacMedia. He can repair the board and might even have one on hand to do a swap so you have no downtime. Not sure if he does the swap thing though.

RobbyMac

Our printer and cutter are connected to the same machine.
Our cutter tends to build up static, and we've noticed that whenever we get a discharge on the cutter (ie a static pop) it can affect the printer. I don't recall the specific error #, but the jv3 will just quit/lock.
We were fearing the firewire board while troubleshooting cables issues, etc.

On days where it's a bit drier than usual (more static build-up) the operator tries his best to run either the plotter or the printer at any time. This has eliminated the errors/lock-ups (after a year of troubleshooting).

We've tried running tinsel/ground straps, etc on the cutter to no avail.
Our humidifier does a good job most days... until someone forgets to feed it.

imagesign

We have the same printer had this problem changed the firewire board in the computer and a new firewire and fixed the problem.