• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Error 30 JV3-160s

hdhriwnfh37474

I have instantly regretted buying a used machine that had sat in a corner for a year. I should've taken all the advice I was given ahead of time of buying a machine that is still running as of today. I'm trying to get into sign making myself and I may be over my head at this point. I've tried looking for a Mimaki Tech in my local area with no luck!

The printer is giving an error 30 when you press the test button. It also does this if you go to function, [HASHTAG]#test[/HASHTAG] and do anything related to ink. Everything else seems to be working perfectly. So it's lead me to think it's some type of issue with the ink system. I did replace the heads and capping station after purchasing the machine because it sat unused for so long. Also the printer is configured for bulk ink so it has the refillable cartridges with the chips. However I did notice when using rasterlink and looking at the ink status they show gray but sometimes they'll show the color and have like 102% beside it? So maybe it's the ink chips?

And yes I have looked at other threads with no luck finding my solution.

Any advise or help is great! At this point I'm willing to pay if someone can sit down and help me get this thing fixed!

Thanks in advance,

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Error 30 is a general operation error. Usually it means you are trying to do a test print and one or more of the ink cartridges are empty so it prevents you from printing until it is full again.

karentaj

VanderJ,
I am trying to repair a JV3-160S originally running F/W 3.1 with bulk inks and a CMYKOG Inkset. There was no parameter backup available.
I replaced the motherboard with a used one, and was able to download F/W 3.1 to it. It boots up with CMYKcm inkset, so I know the params are out of sync with the ink actually in the device, which is likely the cause of the ERROR 30 as you have described it.

Can you offer any advice on how I can either adjust the parameters (in the .csv file) or any other way of configuring the system for the above configuration?

Karen.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It has been a very long time since I worked on a JV3 but below are some notes I have on switching the ink type on the JV3. Hope it helps!

SHUT DOWN the JV3
PRESS key < and > AT THE SAME TIME while powering the machine on
When the device is ready, PRESS THE "END" key 1 time.
Enter into menu"SYSTEM PARAMETER"
Choose and enter "Ink 1 parameter".
Look for Item 93 and change the value "3" to "0"
Exit and choose the ink type you want shows on the LCD.
The device will advise you to insert the cartridges. Disregard it and shut down the device directly.
Do step 1-6 but this time change parameter 93 from "0" to "3".
Restart the machine.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
VanderJ,
I am trying to repair a JV3-160S originally running F/W 3.1 with bulk inks and a CMYKOG Inkset. There was no parameter backup available.
I replaced the motherboard with a used one, and was able to download F/W 3.1 to it. It boots up with CMYKcm inkset, so I know the params are out of sync with the ink actually in the device, which is likely the cause of the ERROR 30 as you have described it.

Can you offer any advice on how I can either adjust the parameters (in the .csv file) or any other way of configuring the system for the above configuration?

Karen.

Forgot to quote you so you see I responded. See above.

karentaj

VanderJ,
I have a question with the instructions you gave. I tried this, and changed the parameter to "0".
But what is meant by: "Exit and choose the ink type you want shows on the LCD"
Do I press the exit key after changing the parameter? When I do this I simply go back to the previous menu.
Am I supposed to get options of ink to choose from?
Karen.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
VanderJ,
I have a question with the instructions you gave. I tried this, and changed the parameter to "0".
But what is meant by: "Exit and choose the ink type you want shows on the LCD"
Do I press the exit key after changing the parameter? When I do this I simply go back to the previous menu.
Am I supposed to get options of ink to choose from?
Karen.

Try just resetting the printer. It should ask you to choose an ink when it boots up.

karentaj

So I got the option to choose Sol or MSol. (Unsure exactly what these options represent or if there should be other options)
If either is choosen 'Set a cartridge XMCYmc' displays.
Following your instructions, I restarted at this point, reset parameter 93 back to 0, and restarted again.
I seem to end up with the same behaviour as before I tried this procedure.

karentaj

I got feedback from an ex-Mimaki tech that suggested I needed to change InfoParam #70 parameter and download the edited .csv file, as the parameter is not accessible through the front panel. I did this, then uploaded the parameters to check that the change was made. It was not.
Anyone know if there is a further parameter that needs to be altered to allow this change to get applied?