• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 37 coming up on JV3

BRUSHMARKS

I am trying to align a new black print head and when i try to go into #Head Adjust i am getting an error 37 head position. Anyone had this problem before? If so any help would be great.

Thanks

WrapperX

Not really sure what that error is from. Have you checked the manual - it sometimes gives you a list of errors that come up and it may have some sort of explanation.

BRUSHMARKS

The manual has errors and explains what they mean but i jumps from error 35 up to 40. Tryed googling it and have no success.

WrapperX

Does it even give you the option to adjust slant or unit? or when you select # Head Adjust it gives you that error?

Gabriel

Yes, maybe the head rank.Or, try to take out the print-head, take off the flat cable and put it back carefuly. Maybe it's something wrong about it. You won't know until you do that. Just a thought...
Does the printer perform nozzle check?

BRUSHMARKS

Yes, maybe the head rank.Or, try to take out the print-head, take off the flat cable and put it back carefuly. Maybe it's something wrong about it. You won't know until you do that. Just a thought...
Does the printer perform nozzle check?

I have had the print head out and the 2 cables disconected since the 1st time it did the error. i put it all back together and still same problem.

WrapperX

Well this could be your problem - each head has a CPU Chip - that chip is programed to a certain serial number. If that chip isn't identified by the printer then it won't recognize it being in there.

WrapperX

I would check your box, check your sales slip - contact your Print head provider and see if they know the number. I'm pretty certain that you need the number to match the CPU Chip for anything to work.

MikePro

head rank shouldn't matter, i've slammed heads in without updating the head rank and it prints just fine. Not that its recommended... as the rank is needed to "fine tune" your head, but shouldn't throw an error if not.

my guess is that you don't have your ribbon cables seated correctly. Top slot on slider board goes to left slot on the head, i've gotten errors for having these crossed before, as well. Power-down, pull the cables and re-seat them with extra care. A kink/pinch in the cable may also be the culprit.

BRUSHMARKS

I can get it to print jobs. I just had to do some fine printing is when i realized that the alignment was off. I have checked all cables and that doesn't seem to be the problem.

MikePro

o? its just alignment that's the issue now?
not surprising considering you replaced the Black head.... as that channel is the "anchor" for which you're supposed to align the other 3 heads to.

do your best to "mechanically align" (installing your printhead, test print, adjust seating of printhead, test print, adjust, repeat until the black is at least square with the magenta) and then you adjust the spacing between the black and the other 3 heads via service mode alignment procedures.

BRUSHMARKS

I just heard back from the company i got the dx4 print head from, about getting the heads code. I got it from China, he said there is no code that they don't need a code. He also said that no one has ever asked for a code before. Does this sound right? will it still run fine with out the code?

APC Tech NE

I just heard back from the company i got the dx4 print head from, about getting the heads code. I got it from China, he said there is no code that they don't need a code. He also said that no one has ever asked for a code before. Does this sound right? will it still run fine with out the code?
Just to clarify, this error refers to the thin or thick head position. You can not do head adjustment in thick. Place the head in thin and you will find it will work fine.
Cheers!