• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

error 401 motor x on Mimaki CJV 150-160

marioagius

Hi to all, When I switch the printer the motor x spins fast for a second or two, stops and then error 401 motor x shows up; on my 2 year old mimaki printer. Cables seem all ok and also replaced motor x but still the same? Anyone experienced this error please? Please help.

Thank you

L.D

Hi to all, When I switch the printer the motor x spins fast for a second or two, stops and then error 401 motor x shows up; on my 2 year old mimaki printer. Cables seem all ok and also replaced motor x but still the same? Anyone experienced this error please? Please help.

Thank you

Have you checked your Y drive belt? They can stretch over time causing it to skip. You can adjust the belt length or adjust tension.

L.D

Does the carriage get to the point where it tries to move to the left and errors out? Or does it error out during media feed action?

marioagius

No, the error comes as soon as i switch on the printer. No pumps working nothing, just the x motor spins fast for a second and the error 401 motor x appears. Everything seem rotating well.

L.D

Sounds like a bad X motor or cable. If you start your machine and hold down both the right and left arrows it will bring up your perameters list. If you change the “Hash” setting to (2) it will let you turn the machine on for testing purposes only. In service mode the [HASHTAG]#Test[/HASHTAG] option will let you test the motor to see if it’s working properly.

For service mode change “Support” to (2)

If you are not comfortable doing this I would contact your local dealer.

marioagius

thanks for the help. It was a bad motor infact and also the pcb card had to be changed.

Now I would like to change the heater time setup for heaters to switch off when printing is done as my settings are that heaters will switch off around 15 or 30 min after printing. Where can I change this time setting please? tnx

L.D

Excellent, glad you got it fixed! See the attached instructions from the operating manual for heater settings.

Attachments

• C8627972-28C6-4D97-9385-C7052E100306.jpeg
    C8627972-28C6-4D97-9385-C7052E100306.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 398