• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 63f ink tank remain Fuji 1600 LED

kanini

Hello! Happily printing along today with the Fujifilm LED 1600 hybrid printer and suddently it stops, showing Error 63 f Ink tnk remain, and it seems to be LC that's the issue. The LC has been a bit weak but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary. This happens randomly and causes the print to stop totally ruining the sheet. I can't find that error code in the manual, that's why I'm asking if somebody has had/seen this before. Thanks a lot and have a great day! =)

ProColorGraphics

I know here in the states they had a bad batch of Lt Cyan not too long ago. That could be part of the problem. If I remember right, that means the subtank is too low. Are there any issues with the ink pump/tube? Might need to be replaced.

kanini

Thanks for the tip ProColorGraphics, I could try to order a new LC cartridge and change. I've not seen the error on ny other channel. I also think the pump might be on its last leg since it sometimes has problems with ink starvation (or so I think) but that seems to get better as you print more. I also sometime get subtank low on black when starting up but that's easily corrected with subtank maintenance.
Is there an easy way to check the pump? Or do you happen to have/know where to get a service manual? I don't have one yet but it could come in handy if I'm going to change the pump...

AlsEU

Error 63f means "Calculated ink usage does not match the level of subtank sensor". It may happen, when:
- the ink bag is empty
- ink pump for this channel doesn't work (broken pump cover, damaged ink tube etc.)
- "Sending adjust" procedure wasn't performed (according to the procedures it should be performed once per month). This procedure calculates, how many rotations ink pump need to fill up the subtank.
If any of those happens, try to perform subtank maintenance once or twice for this channel. If the problem is still there, the subtank and level sensor should be replaced, as it may be a problem with measuring the amount of the ink in the subtank.

kanini

Thank you AlsEU, very informative! I did the subtank maintenance for LC this morning and did not get the error again. Sorry for dumb question but how do I do the sending adjust procedure? Is it through a software on the RIP PC or on the machine? Never done this either though I probably should, it seems as I need to get the service manual now...

AlsEU

If you have the firmware version 2.20 or higher, it's in the maintenance section of the printer firmware. Just enter it and scroll down/up. You may perform it for specific channels only (similar to purge).