• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 7, machine down machine down

SocalFreak

Hi guys!

I got my very first printer a couple weeks ago and i posted on here a video of the heads hitting the media, i had no clue what was going on:doh:. Well, i tried adjusting the head height in the normal position to the far right and i forgot to tighten the plastic bolts(had someone in the room pressuring me to take them somewhere) When i got back, the printer was in error 7:help I guess it tried to do its maintenance thing and since it was low the head hit and put it in error 7, sopposibly its error 7 head 3(lc, lm) The damage is done i still feel really bad as i never did use the printer for anything but that mini test print i uploaded earlier. I got 2 heads now that i would like to save since the machine doesnt want to turn on and It cant do its auto maintenance every couple of hours.

Is there anyway i can get the machine working on just those two heads?
I was doing a little reading and it can be done but sopposibly its gonna waste a lot of ink, is there anyway i can get that short cut to get the printer running on two heads without having it to waste a lot of ink?

Any help is appreciated guys!

Thank you!!!!

artbot

as far as the switching ink sets, don't do it the way the manual explains, it's extremely wasteful. clean out the ink lines by pulling homebrew cleaning solution down the lines with a refillable cleaning cart on each bay with the machine powered down. then turn on the machine, ask the firmware to change the ink set to four color. but the trick is to disconnect your pump lines from the cap tubes. so the machine squawks for 20 minutes thinking it's throwing a way ink. but in reality the pumps are pulling nothing. then go through the procedure of changing each cart when it asks, pump still pulling nothing. when it's done pull the ink down with a syringe.