• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error code 1605 when overwriting (save as) Omega 5.0 plt fileJ

JRgraphics

Just about every time I save a PLT file that has been change in some way I get this error code with Omega 5.0. Is there a way to avoid this happening? It wastes a lot of time because 5.0 will not overwrite or save the file. Please Help. :banghead:

"Composer - Module GspCvtrCtlFn.cpp Line 1605"

"Error 12 writing file, file not written. Try Save As with new filename."

JR.:thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you performing a "Save" or a "Save As"?

What happens if you do a "Save As" and give it a different name?

Is this an old file being updated or a new file?

I have never gotten the error and I have Omega 5 installed on two workstations.

JRgraphics

Hi Fred, thank you for responding to my question.

I have an Omega plt save folder in the windows documents section outside of the Omega program files.

I would get this error pop up a lot whether it is save or save as.

As an experiment, today I tried saving a plt file with a different name to the GSP jobs folder and it worked perfectly. Also tried Save as on the same file using (another name) and that worked as well. Does that mean you always have to use the jobs folder when saving plt files?

:help

JR.

Tony Teveris

Are you the "owner" of the folder that does not work. In other words are you the same user (login) that created to not working folder / files? This sounds like a permission / ownership issue.

Thaddeus

Same Error And a few more!

Are you the "owner" of the folder that does not work. In other words are you the same user (login) that created to not working folder / files? This sounds like a permission / ownership issue.

This is what I was told over the phone by Gerber. Due to the fact that I was trying to save it to our company's server but I have reset the Permissions and had my corporate IT department work on this as well. My main problem is that i need to save the file with the same name to avoid confusion and routing or printing the wrong file's. I'm waiting for Gerber to call me back and have a conference call with the corporate IT department to try and get this solved. it seems that the error is coming from "Module GspCvtrCtlFn.cpp Line 1605. My corporate IT guy said it maybe a problem with the registry files, but like I said I'm waiting for Gerber to call. I will post my findings if we are able to get this problem solved. Im also going to attach a few screen shots of the errors I get. There are several in fact and it depends on how I try to save the file as to what error I get. and the strange thing is that when I save the files to my C: drive i dont have any issues at all. but I need them to be saved to the server so everyone in our commercial department and art department can access them.
Thanks for any input you have.
Thaddeus

Attachments

• error 1.jpg
    error 1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 123
  • error 2.jpg
    error 2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 133
  • error3.jpg
    error3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 123
  • error4.jpg
    error4.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 125

JRgraphics

Jobs Folder works the best

For a week now I have been saving .plt files using the C: drive - main directory tree. The "Jobs" folder is there along other Omega folders. Save as and save has worked 98% of the time. I'm now convinced that the .plt files belong in the "Jobs folder".

JR.:thumb: