• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error code 50

WestbankKurt

Ok now Im getting a "error code 50 media sense" on my Mimaki JV3-160. Ive consulted the manual and tried repositioning the media nine ways to sunday but no go. Does anyone out there have a solution or explanation?
Thank you for any help!

MikeD

had any head strikes / scrapes lately? look at the sensor and see if it got knocked out of place. If thats the case, it can easily be reseated.

iSign

yeah... I didn't read up but if that is the sensor that detects media width... mine ceased to work once... I ordered another one ($35 or so) without even really looking at the "failed" one... and when the part arrived, I looked at what screws I needed to remove for the swap, and realized mine just got pointed a bit wrong, from a head strike or something...

good luck...

BRUSHMARKS

when i get this code it is usally due to the material either being to close to the head or to far away when it is parked at station. i just move media to on eside or the other 1/2" or so and works fine.

WestbankKurt

error code

Hey thanks guys, you are all correct! IT was so easy to fix but my big fingers are too big so I had to get some tweezers and reseat the sensor. Thank you to those who replied!