Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error code 50

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by WestbankKurt, Feb 14, 2013.

1. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Ok now Im getting a "error code 50 media sense" on my Mimaki JV3-160. Ive consulted the manual and tried repositioning the media nine ways to sunday but no go. Does anyone out there have a solution or explanation?
    Thank you for any help!

Tags:
  2. MikeD

MikeD Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    had any head strikes / scrapes lately? look at the sensor and see if it got knocked out of place. If thats the case, it can easily be reseated.

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    yeah... I didn't read up but if that is the sensor that detects media width... mine ceased to work once... I ordered another one ($35 or so) without even really looking at the "failed" one... and when the part arrived, I looked at what screws I needed to remove for the swap, and realized mine just got pointed a bit wrong, from a head strike or something...

good luck...

4. BRUSHMARKS

BRUSHMARKS Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Frazee, MN
    when i get this code it is usally due to the material either being to close to the head or to far away when it is parked at station. i just move media to on eside or the other 1/2" or so and works fine.

5. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    error code

Hey thanks guys, you are all correct! IT was so easy to fix but my big fingers are too big so I had to get some tweezers and reseat the sensor. Thank you to those who replied!