• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error code E065Err PF Motor ?

thehamsterman

My VJ-1604 just started throwing up this code today E065Err PF Motor.

It happens when the media is in motion. all the sudden it will shoot the media in a certain direction and all the lights will flash.

Has anyone had this happen before? Any idea what it means?

Thanks

randya

Could be pf motor or encoder.

Clean the encoder with denatured alcohol.
Check the condition of the belt and the locations of the encoder itself.
The encoder should be centered betweens the sensor.

You may want to take the encoder off and check for damage. (scratched or worn tick marks).

thehamsterman

Could be pf motor or encoder.

Clean the encoder with denatured alcohol.
Check the condition of the belt and the locations of the encoder itself.
The encoder should be centered betweens the sensor.

You may want to take the encoder off and check for damage. (scratched or worn tick marks).

I don't know what any of that stuff means. Looks like i'll be putting in an off warranty call.

thehamsterman

Contacted fujifilm. the tech told me exactly what i needed to do as far as cleaning (as did randya, thanks)

it got better, but its still really jumpy when its moving media forwards or backwards.

I'm going to hit the sensor with some canned air tomorrow and see if that helps.

Thanks everyone!

geofvdil

Hi

Can someone tell me what to do, I can't solve it? And what is the encoder, where is the sensor?

THANKS!!