• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error Message - Busreset occurred - HELP!

MarkH42

I recently purchased a Mimaki JV3-160SP and, after some help from you guys, located a copy of Raster Link Pro II. I am CLOSE to getting this thing up and running, but I am hitting a snag. I can RIP the job, then when I PRINT it, the software says "Loading & Printing". While it says that, the printer begins the job. The job runs for 30 seconds to 2 minutes or so, then, in the place where it said "Loading & Printing" the software says CANCEL and an error message displays on the bottom of the page. The message is "DRV - An error has occurred during output (O) <Busreset occurred (-536412148) > - (Terminate) - 0<02018003."

The Mimaki stops at this point, having only printed part of the job and the display on the printer says "Error 20 I/F 23" or something like that (I reset it before writing it all down). You can't reset it and it has to be turned off and turned back on again. Since the first time it did this, I have: Uninstalled and reinstalled Windows XP, uninstalled and reinstalled Raster Link Pro II AND the 1394 driver, changed Firewire ports on both the printer and the computer, changed the actual Firewire cable, and extended the timeout from 50 seconds to 5000 seconds. Each time I changed something, I tried again, so I've been through this 6 or 8 times so far. Do any of you have any ideas of what else to try? I am new to this forum but I'm enjoying reading through the older posts - lots of knowledgeable people on here and I'm hoping one of you has run across this issue. Thanks in advance for your help!!